Raffle - Step by Step Guide
Raffle Format Options
1) Simple Raffle Format
Follow this link to see an example raffle. In this example the description includes the details of each prize. This is the easiest way to set up a raffle on GalaBid.
2) Campaign including multiple raffles
Follow this link to see a campaign including multiple raffles. One raffle item equals one draw. Purchasers buy tickets for raffles they wish to enter one raffle item at a time. They only enter card details once to purchase tickets in the first raffle. Purchases of tickets in subsequent raffles is via a couple of clicks as card details are securely stored.
3) Raffle Ticket Item and Display Items for Prizes
Follow this link to see an example where the raffle item is used to sell tickets to win any of the prizes, and each prize is set up as a locked item type, displaying each prize as an individual display item. In addtion to the set up instructions below read this article to find out how to set up your raffle this way.
Follow this link for a video walk through of a raffle ticket purchase, how the raffle is closed and an example of the raffle leaderboard.
When setting up any raffle or prize draw, check and follow local laws relating to online gambling and raffles.
Raffle Set Up
In addition to Raffle Set up this article also includes information on the Raffle Draw, Winner Notifications and Raffle Leaderboard.
1) Set up a campaign. Next go to the Items section in the left hand menu and add a raffle item. (Note that one raffle item equals one raffle draw.)
2) Add a name for your raffle item.
3) Enter the number of prizes available in this raffle.
4) Set the ticket price, total tickets available and the maximum any one participant can purchase.
Note that purchasers purchase tickets for one raffle item at a time. If there are multiple raffle items available and the the purchaser purchases tickets for more than one raffle they only need to enter their card details for the first purchase. The card information is securely stored and subsequent purchases are quickly processed via a couple of clicks.
5) To create packages of tickets expand Advanced Options under the Description Box and complete the package details.
Tip: If you wish to hide the number of tickets available for sale, this option can be unticked or ticketed in the Advanced Options section (under the description box).
6) Use the Item description to list the prizes, Prize 1, Prize 2 etc.. It's important to include the prize numbers along with the name of the prize as the automatic notifications sent to winners only include prize numbers.
Example of the Automatic Notification the winner of prize number 3 in Raffle 1 will receive:
Your raffle ticket 79 has won prize 3 in the raffle draw for item 1.
Also, use the item description to add addtional relevant information relating to the raffle along with any terms and conditions.
7) Add images to the raffle item as required.
8) Save the item.
9) Go to Setup >Menu and hide or edit the FAQ to make this page relevant for your raffle.
10) Edit the item and Click OPEN FOR PURCHASE to make the tickets available for sale.
11) Edit the item and Click CLOSE FOR DRAW
Drawing the Raffle
Go to the Raffle Draw in the Menu on the Left to draw your winners.
See this short on how video on Drawing the Raffle.
To see how to set up and run a Raffle Display for a live event watch this short video.